- Generate a public certificate and private key pair.
- In order to successfully complete the integration between JumpCloud and Dropbox, you must use a team admin (administrator) account on a Dropbox for Business plan.
- How to configure User authorization.
- We recommend that you initially configure Dropbox SSO to be Optional until you are sure your SSO configuration is working.
Configure the JumpCloud SSO Application
- Access the JumpCloud Administrator Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select Applications in the main navigation panel.
- Select the + in the upper left, scroll or search for the application in the 'Configure New Application' side panel, the select 'configure'.
- You can upload a service provider application's XML metadata file to populate SAML connector attributes for that application. The attributes populated by the metadata file may vary by the application. To apply a metadata file for the application you're connecting, click Upload Metadata. Navigate to the file you want to upload, then click Open. You'll see a confirmation of a successful upload. Be aware that if you upload more than one metadata file, you'll overwrite the attribute values applied in the previously uploaded file.
- Select Upload IdP Private Key and upload the private.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- Select Upload IdP Certificate and upload the cert.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- In the field terminating the IdP URL, either leave the default value or enter a plaintext string unique to this connector.
- (Optional) In the Display Label field, enter a label that will appear beside the Dropbox logo within the JumpCloud console to guide administrators and users to the connection you have configured.
- Select Activate.
Configure the Service Provider
- Log in to Dropbox as an administrator.
- Select on Admin Console in the left-hand sidebar.
- Select Settings in the left-hand sidebar.
- Select Single sign-on.
- Select Optional from the pull-down menu at upper right (You can change this behavior once you are sure your configuration is working).
- In the Identity provider sign-in URL field, enter the same IdP URL that you set in the JumpCloud console (if you did not modify the termination of this URL, then enter the default URL:
- Select the Choose certificate button.
- Navigate to your public certificate and upload the file.
Validate SSO authentication workflows
- Access the JumpCloud User Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select the Service Provider icon.
- This should automatically launch and login to the application.
- Navigate to your Service Provider application URL.
- Sign in to Dropbox by entering a JumpCloud-managed email address.
- The password field will disappear and indicate that Single sign-on is enabled.
- Select Continue.
- You will be redirected to log in to the JumpCloud User Portal.
- The browser will be redirected back to the application and be automatically logged in.