End User Impact: None/Low
- Root or Admin access
- JumpCloud Agent Compatibility, System Requirements, and Impacts
- Internet Connectivity and Time synchronization
- JumpCloud Installer (Windows / Mac)
- A connect key
- Located within the JumpCloud admin console, within the 'Systems' tab, click the (+) to reveal your connect key.
This KB describes installing the agent via the command line manually for all operating systems. These instructions may be used in conjunction with deployment solutions that will allow for scripted installation such as JAMF or Meraki.
- For Mac versions < 10.13.x or all versions where JumpCloud will not be managing Filevault users. Copy install_agent.sh to the system and run as root.
- For Mac versions 10.13.x and above, where JumpCloud will manage Filevault users and APFS is in use. Copy install_agent_and_serviceaccount.sh to the system and run as root. For additional detail in this scenario, see Managing users with High Sierra, Filevault, and APFS.
Successful Installer output:
installer: Package name is JumpCloud
installer: Installing at base path /
installer: The install was successful.
Note: If the Windows dependencies are not met, the silent installer will hang without completing.
- Change to the directory where JumpCloudInstaller.exe resides
- Run the following:
JumpCloudInstaller.exe -k YOUR_CONNECT_KEY /VERYSILENT /NORESTART
Common Command Line Options
-k YOUR_CONNECT_KEYallows you to set your connect key for unattended installations.
/SILENTdisplays the installer GUI, but walks through the steps automatically. It will prompt you if you wish to reboot now, when the install is complete.
/VERYSILENThides the installer GUI and walks through the steps automatically. It will once finished.
/NORESTARTprevents setup from restarting the system following a successful installation. Typically used along with
/SUPPRESSMSGBOXESanswers yes to any installation dependencies, such as MFC redistributables.
To show all command line options available for Windows, use /help.
- Login to the system as a sudoer or root
- Run the following:
curl --silent --show-error --header 'x-connect-key: YOUR_CONNECT_KEY' https://kickstart.jumpcloud.com/Kickstart | sudo bash