- Generate a public certificate and private key pair.
- In order to successfully complete the integration between JumpCloud and Kapost, you must use an administrator account on a Kapost Enterprise plan.
- How to configure User authorization.
- SAML 2.0 Just-In-Time (JIT) user provisioning is supported by Kapost.
- Once you enable Single Sign-On in Kapost, you will be logged out of Kapost and will only be able to log in via Single Sign-On. Please ensure that all fields are correctly configured before enabling Single Sign-On in Kapost. If you make a mistake in this configuration, please contact Kapost support.
Configure the JumpCloud SSO Application
- Access the JumpCloud Administrator Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select Applications in the main navigation panel.
- Select the + in the upper left, scroll or search for the application in the 'Configure New Application' side panel, the select 'configure'.
- You can upload a service provider application's XML metadata file to populate SAML connector attributes for that application. The attributes populated by the metadata file may vary by the application. To apply a metadata file for the application you're connecting, click Upload Metadata. Navigate to the file you want to upload, then click Open. You'll see a confirmation of a successful upload. Be aware that if you upload more than one metadata file, you'll overwrite the attribute values applied in the previously uploaded file.
- In the IDP Entity ID field, enter
- Select Upload IdP Private Key and upload the private.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- Select Upload IdP Certificate and upload the cert.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- In the ACS URL field, enter
https://SUBDOMAIN.kapost.com/users/saml/auth(replace SUBDOMAIN with your Kapost subdomain or find this value, labelled SAML Consumer URL, on Kapost's
- In the field terminating the IdP URL, either leave the default value or enter a plaintext string unique to this connector.
- (Optional) In the Display Label field, enter a label that will appear under the Service Provider logo within the JumpCloud User console.
- Select Activate.
Configure the Service Provider
- Log in to Kapost as an administrator.
- Hover your mouse over the gear icon in the left sidebar, then select Single Sign-On.
- Select the Enable Single Sign-On checkbox.
- (Optional) If you would like to provision users to Kapost when attempting Single Sign-On, select the Autocreate users checkbox.
- In the SAML 2.0 Endpoint (HTTP) field, enter the same IdP URL that you set in the JumpCloud console (if you did not modify the termination of this URL, then enter the default URL:
- In the SHA1-Fingerprint field, enter you public certificate's SHA1 Fingerprint. Alternatively, change the dropdown to X.509 Certificate and paste the contents of your public certificate).
- In the other dropdown, select the value to First/Last Name Attribute.
- In the First Name Attribute field, enter
- In the Last Name Attribute field, enter
- If you would like users to be sent back to the JumpCloud User Portal when they log out of Kapost, enter the following as the Logout URL:
- Select Save.
Validate SSO authentication workflows
- Access the JumpCloud User Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select the Service Provider icon.
- This should automatically launch and login to the application.
- Navigate to your Service Provider application URL.
- You will be redirected to log in to the JumpCloud User Portal.
- The browser will be redirected back to the application and be automatically logged in.