- View Commands to which they've been given access in the Commands tab.
- Run Commands to which they've been given access in the Commands tab.
- View the results of commands to which they've been given access in the Commands tab.
1. To create a Command Runner user, login to your JumpCloud account as an Administrator.
Creating a Command Runner User in JumpCloud
2. Select the upper-right "email" menu, and go to the "Administrators..." menu item.
3. Click "+ Create Admin" in the "Administrators" window
4. Enter the email of the user, and select "Command Runner" or "Command Runner with Billing" (billing access allows a user to enter new credit cards in JumpCloud, and so you can create a user who is not associated with any command, who can only update the credit card information on your account).
5. The user "firstname.lastname@example.org" will receive a verification email. When they click the "Verify" link, they'll be able to set a password for their Command Runner account. If you have enabled MultiFactor Authentication for the user, they will need to configure Google Authenticator on their smartphone with the QR code provided during verification.
Joining a Command Runner User to a Command
Once the Command Runner user is created, they can immediately be associated with any command in your JumpCloud Commands tab. To do so:
1. Go to your JumpCloud Commands tab
2. Either click the "edit" button for existing, or the "+ " button to create a new Command and access the Command details window:
3. Select the Command Runner users to associate with the command.
When the Command Runner user enters the JumpCloud console, she will be able to see the commands you've associated her with, as well as run them and see the results of the commands.