If you have been locked out of your JumpCloud Administrator account after enabling MFA, you can perform a password reset at: Administrator Password Reset. During the password reset process, you will be asked to enroll in MFA and will be able to access your account.
Enable MFA for the AdministratorTo enable multifactor authentication for the JumpCloud Administration console:
- Go to the JumpCloud Administrator Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com/. Log in with administrator credentials.
- In the upper right corner of the page, click the administrator email address, then select Administrators. The Administrators window appears.
- Click Details for the administrator you want to enable MFA for.
- Select Enable MultiFactor Authentication for Admin Login, then click Save Administrator. After you enable MFA for the administrator account, an email is sent to the account's email address with instructions for setting up MFA for their account.
- Follow the reset steps in the email. Password reuse is allowed here. The admin is presented with the QR code and TOTP Key to add to their chosen TOTP token application.
Reset Administrator Password
Follow the reset steps in the email. Password reuse is allowed here. The admin is presented with the QR code and TOTP Key to add to their chosen TOTP token application.