- Generate a public certificate and private key pair.
- In order to successfully complete the integration between JumpCloud and VersionOne, you must have a VersionOne administrator account.
- How to configure User authorization.
- SAML 2.0 Just-In-Time (JIT) user provisioning is supported by VersionOne.
- The JumpCloud administrator performing the integrations will only configure SSO for the IdP, or JumpCloud. After JumpCloud is configured, the administrator will send the IdP configuration details to the VersionOne support team. VersionOne will configure the SAML 2.0 connection and contact the account administrator.
- After you configure JumpCloud SSO and send the IdP metadata file to VersionOne, they will send you their SP metadata file and your TargetURL (RelayState). Verify that the TargetURL they send you matches the one you used while configuring JumpCloud. If they do not match, edit your JumpCloud configuration to use the TargetURL sent by VersionOne.
- The email used to sign in to the JumpCloud console must match the VersionOne username of any user attempting SSO to VersionOne. If these two values do not match, the VersionOne username must be changed for single sign-on to be successful.
Configure the JumpCloud SSO Application
- Access the JumpCloud Administrator Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select Applications in the main navigation panel.
- Select the + in the upper left, scroll or search for the application in the 'Configure New Application' side panel, the select 'configure'.
- You can upload a service provider application's XML metadata file to populate SAML connector attributes for that application. The attributes populated by the metadata file may vary by the application. To apply a metadata file for the application you're connecting, click Upload Metadata. Navigate to the file you want to upload, then click Open. You'll see a confirmation of a successful upload. Be aware that if you upload more than one metadata file, you'll overwrite the attribute values applied in the previously uploaded file.
- In the IDP Entity ID field, enter
- Select Upload IdP Private Key and upload the private.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- Select Upload IdP Certificate and upload the cert.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- In the Target URL field, enter
https://MY_INSTANCE/default.aspx(replace MY_INSTANCE with your instance URL, ex:
- In the field terminating the IdP URL, either leave the default value or enter a plaintext string unique to this connector.
- (Optional) In the Display Label field, enter a label that will appear under the Service Provider logo within the JumpCloud User console.
- Select Activate.
- Select export metadata for VersionOne on the right-hand side of the page.
Configure the Service Provider
- Compose an email to the VersionOne Support Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) requesting that they enable SAML single sign-on for your account.
- Attach your public certificate and the metadata file you exported from JumpCloud and send.
- Using the information that VersionOne sends back to you, make sure JumpCloud is properly configured.
Validate SSO authentication workflows
- Access the JumpCloud User Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select the Service Provider icon.
- This should automatically launch and login to the application.
- Navigate to your Service Provider application URL.
- You will be redirected to log in to the JumpCloud User Portal.
- The browser will be redirected back to the application and be automatically logged in.