Important: This article contains out-of-date information. For current application information, see Connecting Applications with JumpCloud Using Pre-Built Connectors.
- Generate a public certificate and private key pair.
- In order to successfully complete the integration between JumpCloud and ANCILE uAlign, you must use an administrator account in uAlign.
- How to configure User authorization.
- SAML 2.0 Just-In-Time (JIT) user provisioning is not supported by ANCILE uAlign.
Configure the Service Provider: Part 1
- Log in to ANCILE uAlign as an administrator.
- Select on the gear icon and select Organization from the drop-down menu.
- Select on the pencil icon to edit your organization.
- In the Authentication Settings section, check the box next to Enable SAML 2.0 Authentication.
- For the SAML Token Unique Identifier, select
urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:1.1:nameid-format:emailAddressfrom the drop-down menu.
- Copy the ANCILE uAlign SAML Endpoint.
- Leave the ANCILE uAlign configuration page open.
Configure the JumpCloud SSO Application
- Access the JumpCloud Administrator Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select Applications in the main navigation panel.
- Select the + in the upper left, scroll or search for the application in the 'Configure New Application' side panel, the select 'configure'.
- You can upload a service provider application's XML metadata file to populate SAML connector attributes for that application. The attributes populated by the metadata file may vary by the application. To apply a metadata file for the application you're connecting, click Upload Metadata. Navigate to the file you want to upload, then click Open. You'll see a confirmation of a successful upload. Be aware that if you upload more than one metadata file, you'll overwrite the attribute values applied in the previously uploaded file.
- Select Upload IdP Private Key and upload the private.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- Select Upload IdP Certificate and upload the cert.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- In the ACS URL field, paste the ANCILE uAlign SAML Endpoint you copied while configuring uAlign (ex:
- In the field terminating the IdP URL, either leave the default value or enter a plaintext string unique to this connector.
- (Optional) In the Display Label field, enter a label that will appear under the Service Provider logo within the JumpCloud User console.
- Select Activate.
Configure the Service Provider: Part 2
- Back in ANCILE uAlign, in the Identity Provider SAML Target URL field, enter the same IdP URL that you set in the JumpCloud console (if you did not modify the termination of this URL, then enter the default URL:
- In the Identity Provider Public Certificate field, paste your entire public certificate.
- (Optional) If you would like users to be sent back to the JumpCloud User Portal when they log out of ANCILE uAlign, enter the following as the Identity Provider Logout URL:
- Select Save.
Validate SSO authentication workflows
- Access the JumpCloud User Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select the Service Provider icon.
- This should automatically launch and login to the application.
- Navigate to your Service Provider application URL.
- You will be redirected to log in to the JumpCloud User Portal.
- The browser will be redirected back to the application and be automatically logged in.