- Generate a public certificate and private key pair.
- In order to successfully complete the integration between JumpCloud and iMeet Central, you must use a company administrator account in iMeet Central.
- How to configure User authorization.
- SAML 2.0 Just-In-Time (JIT) user provisioning is supported by iMeet Central.
- Prior to configuring SSO in iMeet Central, you must contact email@example.com and request that SAML SSO be enabled on your iMeet Central account. With this request, include the email domain of users who will be accessing iMeet Central via SSO.
Configure the JumpCloud SSO Application
- Access the JumpCloud Administrator Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select Applications in the main navigation panel.
- Select the + in the upper left, scroll or search for the application in the 'Configure New Application' side panel, the select 'configure'.
- You can upload a service provider application's XML metadata file to populate SAML connector attributes for that application. The attributes populated by the metadata file may vary by the application. To apply a metadata file for the application you're connecting, click Upload Metadata. Navigate to the file you want to upload, then click Open. You'll see a confirmation of a successful upload. Be aware that if you upload more than one metadata file, you'll overwrite the attribute values applied in the previously uploaded file.
- In the IDP Entity ID field, enter
- Select Upload IdP Private Key and upload the private.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- Select Upload IdP Certificate and upload the cert.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- In the SP Entity ID field, enter
https://SUBDOMAIN.imeetcentral.com/saml2-metadata.php(replace SUBDOMAIN with your iMeet Central company subdomain).
- In the ACS URL field, enter
https://SUBDOMAIN.imeetcentral.com/saml2-assertion.php(replace SUBDOMAIN with your iMeet Central company subdomain).
- In the Target URL field, enter
https://SUBDOMAIN.imeetcentral.com(replace SUBDOMAIN with your iMeet Central company subdomain).
- In the field terminating the IdP URL, either leave the default value or enter a plaintext string unique to this connector. Take note of the entire IdP URL, as you will need it to configure iMeet Central. Additionally, the value you enter here is relevant to restricting access to this application within JumpCloud.
- (Optional) In the Display Label field, enter a label that will appear beside the iMeet Central logo within the JumpCloud console to guide administrators and users to the connection you have configured.
- Select Activate.
Configure the Service Provider
- Log in to iMeet Central as an administrator.
- Select on the gear icon in the upper right corner and select Company Setup from the drop-down menu.
- Select on the Advanced tab.
- Select Single Sign On.
- In the Single Sign On Settings section, check the box next to Enable SAMLv2 Single Sign On.
- In the SSO URL, enter
https://YOURDOMAIN.com(this should be the same value you entered while configuring JumpCloud).
- In the SSO Login URL field, enter the same IdP URL that you set in the JumpCloud console (if you did not modify the termination of this URL, then enter the default URL:
- In the SSO Logout URL field, enter
- Under Message Signature Verification Method, select Certificate.
- Under SSO Certificate, select RSA SHA1 from the drop-down menu and paste in the entire contents of your public certificate.
- Ensure that the box under Login page is checked.
- To enable automatic new user provisioning, ensure that the box under User Syncing is checked.
- Select Update.
Validate SSO authentication workflows
- Access the JumpCloud User Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select the Service Provider icon.
- This should automatically launch and login to the application.
- Navigate to your Service Provider application URL.
- You will be redirected to log in to the JumpCloud User Portal.
- The browser will be redirected back to the application and be automatically logged in.