- Generate a public certificate and private key pair.
- In order to successfully complete the integration between JumpCloud and ShiftPlanning, you must use an administrator account in ShiftPlanning.
- How to configure User authorization.
Configure the Service Provider: Part 1
- Log in to ShiftPlanning as an administrator or owner.
- Select Settings in the sidenav (the gear icon).
- In the Integration section, select Single Sign-On.
- Check the box next to SAML Enabled.
- Check the box next to Allow Password Login at least until testing is completed successfully to prevent account lockout.
- Copy the Access Consumer Service URL.
- Leave the ShiftPlanning configuration page open.
Configure the JumpCloud SSO Application
- Access the JumpCloud Administrator Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select Applications in the main navigation panel.
- Select the + in the upper left, scroll or search for the application in the 'Configure New Application' side panel, the select 'configure'.
- You can upload a service provider application's XML metadata file to populate SAML connector attributes for that application. The attributes populated by the metadata file may vary by the application. To apply a metadata file for the application you're connecting, click Upload Metadata. Navigate to the file you want to upload, then click Open. You'll see a confirmation of a successful upload. Be aware that if you upload more than one metadata file, you'll overwrite the attribute values applied in the previously uploaded file.
- Select Upload IdP Private Key and upload the private.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- Select Upload IdP Certificate and upload the cert.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- In the SP Entity ID field, enter
https://SUBDOMAIN.humanity.shiftplanning.com/app/(replace SUBDOMAIN with your ShiftPlanning subdomain).
- In the ACS URL field, paste the Access Consumer Service URL you copied from the ShiftPlanning configuration page (ex:
- In the field terminating the IdP URL, either leave the default value or enter a plaintext string unique to this connector.
- (Optional) In the Display Label field, enter a label that will appear under the Service Provider logo within the JumpCloud User console.
- Select Activate.
Configure the Service Provider: Part 2
- Back in ShiftPlanning, in the SAML Issuer URL field, enter the same IdP URL that you set in the JumpCloud console (if you did not modify the termination of this URL, then enter the default URL:
- In the Remote Logout URL field, enter
- In the X.509 Certificate field, paste in your entire public certificate.
- (Optional) If you plan to access ShiftPlanning via SP-initiated SSO, copy the SAML Login URL.
- Select Save Settings.
Validate SSO authentication workflows
- Access the JumpCloud User Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select the Service Provider icon.
- This should automatically launch and login to the application.
- Navigate to your Service Provider application URL.
- You will be redirected to log in to the JumpCloud User Portal.
- The browser will be redirected back to the application and be automatically logged in.