- A newly installed agent does not show up as a new system record in the console
- A newly installed agent shows up in the console, then goes inactive (red) within 10 minutes
- A previously reporting system has gone inactive (red) in the console
Either the service is not running/not running properly/won't start - OR - there is a network issue.
Verify the system complies with JumpCloud Agent Compatibility, System Requirements, and Impacts
- Check that the service is running. If it is not, start it and verify the service stays running. See Stopping, Starting, or Restarting the JumpCloud Agent
- If the agent does not start or stay running, follow the JumpCloud Agent does not start or synchronize changes.
- Verify both the system and network comply with JumpCloud Agent Port Requirements
If after verifying all prerequisites and the service status, gather the following information and submit a Support Request.
- OS Version/build number
- Agent version, found in either /opt/jc/version.txt or C:\Program Files (x86)\JumpCloud\plugins\contrib\version.txt
- The agent log, found in either /var/log/jcagent.log or c:\windows\temp\jcagent.log