Custom Attributes are specific to the API and Workday Directory Integration. Custom attributes are not yet supported for LDAP, RADIUS or SAML, with the exception of the SAML 2.0 Connector.
- Login to https://console.jumpcloud.com/ as a JumpCloud Administrator
- Click Users from the left-hand navigation
- Either click the green + symbol at the top-left to create a new user or click details on the right-hand column of an existing user
- Scroll down to the Custom Attributes section
- Click Add New Custom Attribute
- Enter an attribute Name and an attribute Value
- Click Add New Custom Attribute to add another custom attribute
User Attribute configuration allows for:
- 1) Name - The Name field contains a string defining the attribute’s display name. The name string must be less than 32 characters, must be unique and can only contain letters and numbers, no special characters.
- 2) Value - The Value field contains a string to insert the attribute’s value. The Value string contains no character restrictions.
Attributes with API
As an administrator, you have the ability to manage custom user attributes through the API as a modifiable property for System Users. For more information as well as examples, please refer to the JumpCloud API documentation.