- Generate a public certificate and private key pair.
- In order to successfully complete the integration between JumpCloud and JAMF Cloud, you must use an administrator account in JAMF Cloud.
- How to configure User authorization.
Configure the JumpCloud SSO Application
- Access the JumpCloud Administrator Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select Applications in the main navigation panel.
- Select the + in the upper left, scroll or search for the application in the 'Configure New Application' side panel, the select 'configure'.
- You can upload a service provider application's XML metadata file to populate SAML connector attributes for that application. The attributes populated by the metadata file may vary by the application. To apply a metadata file for the application you're connecting, click Upload Metadata. Navigate to the file you want to upload, then click Open. You'll see a confirmation of a successful upload. Be aware that if you upload more than one metadata file, you'll overwrite the attribute values applied in the previously uploaded file.
- In the IDP Entity ID field, enter
- Select Upload IdP Private Key and upload the private.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- Select Upload IdP Certificate and upload the cert.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- In the SP Entity ID field, enter
https://SUBDOMAIN.jamfcloud.com/saml/metadata(replace SUBDOMAIN with your JAMF Cloud tenant subdomain).
- In the ACS URL field, enter
https://SUBDOMAIN.jamfcloud.com/saml/SSO(replace SUBDOMAIN with your JAMF Cloud tenant subdomain).
- Groups Attribute (Optional) - Select Include Group Attribute to include the groups a user is a member of in SAML assertions. When this option is selected, all groups that connect the user to the application are included in assertions to that application. The Groups Attribute Name is the service provider’s name of the group attribute. By default, the attribute name is memberOf.
- When this option is selected, you must include a Group Attribute Name. You'll receive an error when you attempt to activate (create) or save (edit) the connector if you select this option and leave the Group Attribute Name blank.
- If this option is selected and the user isn't created in jamf, the names of JumpCloud user groups must match the coinciding group names in Jamf Pro. Find a group's name in the JumpCloud Admin Portal: Group Details > Group Configuration > Name.
- If this option isn't selected, the user included in SAML assertions must be created in Jamf Pro. To add a user in Jamf Pro, go to Settings > System Settings > Jamf Pro User Accounts & Groups.
- In the field terminating the IdP URL, either leave the default value or enter a plaintext string unique to this connector.
- (Optional) In the Display Label field, enter a label that will appear under the Service Provider logo within the JumpCloud User console.
- Select Activate.
- Select export metadata beside JAMF Cloud on the right-hand side of the page.
Configure the Service Provider
- Log in to JAMF Cloud as an administrator.
- Select on the gear icon in the upper-right corner of the page.
- In the System Settings section, select Single Sign-On.
- Select Edit at the bottom of the page.
- Check the box next to JAMF Software Server (JSS).
- (Optional) Check the box next to Allow bypass for all users. We recommend that you check this box at least until testing of the SSO connection is completed successfully to prevent account lockout.
- Under User Mapping: SAML, ensure that the radio button next to NameID is selected.
- Under User Mapping: JSS, ensure that the radio button next to Email is selected.
- Under Identity Provider, select Other from the drop-down menu.
- In the Other Provider field, enter
- Under Identity Provider Metadata Source, select Metadata File from the drop-down menu.
- Upload the metadata file that you exported from the JumpCloud console.
- Under JSS Signing Certificate, select Generate Certificate from the drop-down menu.
- Select Save.
Validate SSO authentication workflows
- Access the JumpCloud User Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select the Service Provider icon.
- This should automatically launch and login to the application.
- Navigate to your Service Provider application URL.
- You will be redirected to log in to the JumpCloud User Portal.
- The browser will be redirected back to the application and be automatically logged in.