1 - Select a Directory - This includes our own cloud-based LDAP services which you can configure here to attach to on-prem or legacy resources. Additionally, we offer
synchronization with G Suite, Office 365, and Active Directory Bridge.
2 - Authenticate Connection - Once you've chosen a directory, you must authenticate a connection to ensure JumpCloud has a secure, yet persisted connection to perform its synchronization work. Each integration leverages a native connection type so refer to the setup documentation on proper authentication.
3 - Synch - Once authenticated, you may leverage the various synchronization methods ranging from user account importation to continual bi-directional account synchronization. Be sure to read the documentation on the workflow for each of the integrations. Step-by-step instructions for each of our supported directories are available:
Cloud-based LDAP services
Active Directory Bridge
Groups bound to a directory will be listed with a check next to them on the User Groups tab. Any members of the bound group will be granted access to the directory.
All users bound to the directory will be listed with a check next to them on the Users tab. All of these users will be granted access to the directory. Users in this list may be bound via two methods:
- Bound via group membership:
- The user will have a check, and be 'greyed out'
- If the binding is removed, you will be presented the option to remove the user from the group granting access.
- Bound directly
- The user will be checked, but not 'greyed out'
- If the binding is removed, the direct relationship between the directory and user is removed. The user may still have access granted to the system via Group membership as above. Direct binding sits "On top" of Group membership in the UI.