- How to configure User authorization.
Configure the JumpCloud SSO Application
- Access the JumpCloud Administrator Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select Applications in the main navigation panel on the left side.
- Select the + in the upper left, scroll or search for the application in the Configure New Application side panel, then select Configure.
- You can upload a service provider application's XML metadata file to populate SAML connector attributes for that application. The attributes populated by the metadata file may vary by the application. To apply a metadata file for the application you're connecting, click Upload Metadata. Navigate to the file you want to upload, then click Open. You'll see a confirmation of a successful upload. Be aware that if you upload more than one metadata file, you'll overwrite the attribute values applied in the previously uploaded file.
- In the IDP Entity ID field, enter
- Select Upload IdP Private Key and upload private.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- Select Upload IdP Certificate and upload cert.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- Select SP entity ID field and paste Audience URI (Service Provider Entity ID) supplied by the Service Provider showed in the steps below.
- Select ACS URL field and paste Post-back URL (Assertion Consumer Service URL) supplied by the Service Provider showed in the steps below.
- In the field terminating the IDP URL, either leave the default value or enter a plain text string unique to this connector.
- (Optional) In the Display Label field, enter a label that will appear under the Service Provider logo within the JumpCloud user console.
- Select Activate.
Configure the Service Provider
- Log in to Help Scout account as an administrator.
- Select Manage > Company.
- Select Authentication from the left navigation.
- Under Single Sign-On, select Use SAML SSO.
- Select Enable SAML SSO.
- For Single Sign-On URL, enter the IdP URL created above, default: `https://sso.jumpcloud.com/saml2/helpscout.
- For X.509 Certificate, select Upload Certificate and upload the public certificate created in the above prerequisites.
- Select Save.
Validate SSO authentication workflows
- Access the JumpCloud user console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select the Service Provider icon.
- This should automatically launch and login to the application.
- Navigate to your Service Provider application URL.
- You will be redirected to log in to the JumpCloud User Portal.
- The browser will be redirected back to the application and be automatically logged in.