JumpCloud will act as the authoritative source of password synchronization with G Suite accounts when using the G Suite Directory Integration. With this synchronization, passwords must be reset from JumpCloud, which will synchronize subsequent changes with the G Suite identity.
To ensure an appropriate user workflow for password resets, Google allows for completely disabling non-admin user password recovery through the dashboard configuration.
This procedure will completely disable password reset methods using G Suite. This however will not modify the Forgot Password reset link behavior.
- This procedure will require an Google Administrator account, and accessibility to the Google Admin Dashboard.
- Alternatively, you may instead modify the G Suite Password Change URL to redirect users to JumpCloud password recovery when changing their password while logged in. For more information refer to Force JumpCloud Password Change URL with G Suite Directory Integration
- Login to
https://admin.google.com/as a Google Administrator from your tenant
- From the Admin console, click Security
- Click Basic Settings
- Under Password Recovery, locate the Enable/disable non-admin user password recovery link
- On the Advanced security settings page under Recovery, deselect Enable non-admin user password recovery