These instructions show you how to use the Google Authenticator mobile app to generate TOTP tokens for use with JumpCloud MFA authentication. Once setup for a user, Google Authenticator can provide access to the 6-digit TOTP token required to sign into resources protected by JumpCloud MFA
1. Enter the Google Authenticator app
2. Tap the "+" to add an account:
3. Select 'Scan Barcode' (which uses the mobile device's camera to scan the QR code) or 'Manual Entry' (which requires the user to manually enter in the 16-digit TOTP code.)
4. Scan the QR code provided by JumpCloud, or enter the 16-digit TOTP code provided by JumpCloud.
5. The user will then see their account registered within the Authenticator, generating timed/temporary verification codes (explained in the next section)