Welcome to JumpCloud®!
At the center of the JumpCloud application is the user interface. There are two different UIs and experiences for JumpCloud administrators and JumpCloud users—admins should be familiar both.
This KB article walks you through the two JumpCloud portals:JumpCloud Administrator Portal
The JumpCloud Admin Portal is where JumpCloud admins go to administer JumpCloud for their organization.
Get to know the JumpCloud Admin Portal in the following sections:Administrator Portal Login
Log in to your JumpCloud Admin Portal from the Administrator Portal Login page: https://console.jumpcloud.com/login
To log in to your JumpCloud admin account:
- Using a supported Web browser, go to: https://console.jumpcloud.com/login.
- If you’re viewing the User Portal Login, click Administrator Login in the top left of the page.
- Enter your company email address and password, then click ADMINISTRATOR LOGIN.
When you log in to JumpCloud you are taken to the Users list. After you add users to your JumpCloud account, it will look like the following image. See the numbered list for names of the image’s numbered items.
- Left-hand navigation menu
- Filter By menu
- JumpCloud Account menu
- More Actions menu
- Configuration Alerts
The Left-hand Navigation menu is what you’ll use to access the various parts of your JumpCloud Admin Portal.
Use the list search bar to find a resource. For example, a specific user, system, or policy.
JumpCloud Account Menu
Use your JumpCloud Account menu to access various application pages, change your admin account password, and to log out of your account.
To view the menu, click your email address in the top right of the Admin Portal.
Learn about the things you can do from your JumpCloud Account menu:
The alarm bell icon to the right of your JumpCloud Account menu notifies you of configuration alerts. For information about the type of information you are notified about, see Configuration Alerts and Notifications.
Filter By Menu
Depending where you are in your Admin Portal, you can filter your list view with the filter by menu. For example, you can view users with pending passwords, or inactive systems.
The following image shows the Systems list filter by menu. To see the Users list filter by menu, see View User Details.
To view the menu, click filter by in the upper right menu below the Configuration Alerts alarm bell.
Depending on where you are in the Admin Portal, you can perform actions on one or more resources with the more actions menu. For example, you can enable Multi-factor Authentication (MFA) for multiple users, delete systems and policies, and run commands from the more actions menu. To learn more, see Admin Portal More Actions Menu.
The Admin Portal's Left-hand Navigation menu includes the following resources:
When you log in to your Admin Portal, the Users list is the first thing you see.
Go to USERS to manage and view information about your JumpCloud users. From the Users list you can:
Add and remove users.
- Connect users to resources.
- Unlock user accounts.
- Manage aspects of MFA for users (require / reset / remove).
- Resend activation emails to users.
- Access a user’s Details to view and manage aspects of their profile, such as User Information, Security Settings and Permissions, Custom Attributes, and Public Keys.
Go to SYSTEMS to manage system resources for your JumpCloud account.
From the Systems list you can:
- Add and remove systems.
- Connect systems to other resources, like users and user groups.
- View information about your systems.
- Enable and disable MFA for your systems.
- Access a system’s Details to view information about that system.
Learn about managing users in your JumpCloud Admin Portal: Getting Started: Systems.
Go to POLICIES to manage policies for your JumpCloud account.
From the Policies list you can:
- Add and remove policies.
- Assign policies to systems and system groups.
- View the status of your policies.
Learn about managing policies in your JumpCloud Admin Portal: Getting Started: Policies.
Go to GROUPS to manage your groups of users and groups of systems.
From the Groups list you can:
- Add and remove groups of users.
- Add and remove groups of systems.
- View information about your system groups.
- View information about your user groups.
- Connect groups to resources.
Learn about managing groups of users and systems in your JumpCloud Admin Portal: Getting Started: Groups.
From Applications you can:
- Add and remove applications using one of JumpCloud’s custom connectors.
- Add and remove applications that don’t have a custom connector using the SAML 2.0 connector.
- Export metadata for applications.
Go to DIRECTORIES to manage your organization’s directory integrations.
From the Directories list you can:
- Integrate directory services with JumpCloud.
- Import users from G Suite™, Office 365TM, and Workday®.
- For Office 365 and G Suite, you can deactivate and reactivate directory sync.
- For Office 365 and G Suite, you can select attributes to sync with JumpCloud.
- Connect integrated directories with users and user groups.
Learn about managing Directories in your JumpCloud Admin Portal: Getting Started: Directories.
Go to COMMANDS to manage the commands you can run on your systems.
From the Commands list you can:
- Add and remove commands.
- Associate commands with system groups and individual systems.
- Upload files to be pushed to servers before commands execute.
- Execute commands.
- View command results.
Learn about managing Commands in your JumpCloud Admin Portal: Getting Started: Commands.
Go to RADIUS to manage your RADIUS service.
From RADIUS you can:
- Configure your RADIUS service.
- Connect your RADIUS service to user groups.
Learn about managing your RADIUS service in your JumpCloud Admin Portal: Getting Started: RADIUS.
Go to SETTINGS to configure General and Security settings for your organization.
General settings are where you set things like your organization’s name and logo, and where you go to find your Org ID.
Security Settings are where you set password requirements for your org’s user passwords.
Go to Support to access the JumpCloud Support Center.
Use the Support Center to:
- Learn about the application in JumpCloud Knowledge Base articles.
- Learn about feature enhancements in the Release Notes.
- Contact JumpCloud Support.
- Create feature requests.
The JumpCloud User Portal is where your organization’s employees will go to access the Single Sign On applications you integrate with JumpCloud, and to manage their account passwords and personal information.
Users log in to their JumpCloud User Portal from the User Portal Login page: https://console.jumpcloud.com/login.
User Portal Interface
The User Portal has three main places:
From anywhere in the User Portal, users can sign out of their account from their JumpCloud Account menu, located at the top right of the User Portal.
Users access the menu by clicking their email address.
Users go here to access the (SSO) applications you give them access to.
Users go here to view and update their JumpCloud profile information.
Users’ JumpCloud profile includes the following sections:
- Profile Details
- Personal Information
- Employee Information
Users go here to manage their JumpCloud account security. From here users can reset their password, set up MFA, and manage SSH keys.
Users can click RESET PASSWORD to update their password.
Learn about password management for JumpCloud users:
- Resetting Your JumpCloud Password for Mac Users
- Resetting Your JumpCloud Password for Windows Users
- Resetting Forgotten or Lost Passwords and MFA TOTP Keys
Users can click ( + ) to add an SSH key.
Learn about SSH Keys: Using SSH Keys.
Users can click Setup MFA to configure Multi-factor Authentication for their account.
Learn about MFA for JumpCloud user accounts:
- Using Multifactor Authentication with JumpCloud
- Set Up JumpCloud Multifactor Authentication with a TOTP Application
- End User Guide - JumpCloud Multifactor Authentication
- Resetting Forgotten or Lost Passwords and MFA TOTP Keys