- Supported only on Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012, 2016, and 2019 (64-bit)
- 15MB disk space
- 10MB RAM
- Single Active Directory Domain name
- Internet connectivity
- Your JumpCloud AD Sync Connect Key
- The AD Import agent must be installed prior to installing the AD Sync agent.
- For the most performant syncing, we recommend installing the AD Sync agent on all DC's in your AD domain.
- The agent currently only supports a single Root domain.
- If your server is configured to use a proxy, the AD Bridge agent will respect Windows native system environment variables and use proxy details configured to communicate to console.jumpcloud.com.
- A known issue exists where downloading the installer for the AD bridge agent doesn't succeed on Firefox. As a workaround, use another browser to download the installer.
- To successfully use the AD Sync agent, the AD Import agent is required.
To install the AD Sync agent:
- Log in to the JumpCloud Admin Portal: https://console.jumpcloud.com/login.
- Go to Directories.
- Click the Green Plus Sign ( + ), then select AD Directory Domain.
- If you haven’t already, install the AD Import Agent. Click Download AD Import Agent Installer.
- After successfully installing and configuring the AD Import agent, click Download AD Sync Agent.
- The provided Connect key is needed during installation.
Important: This is the only time you are shown your Connect Key. Copy and save the key in a safe place before proceeding with the Sync Agent installation.
- Save the installer to your Domain Controller.
- Browse to where you saved the AD Sync installer file. Right-click the file, then select Run as administrator.
- Click Next.
- Enter your JumpCloud Connect Key, then click Next.
- Click Install.
- Click Finish to complete the installation. After the install completes, you don’t need to restart your system.