- Generate a public certificate and private key pair and SHA1 fingerprint
- In order to successfully complete the integration between JumpCloud and Freshservice, you must use an administrator account in Freshservice.
- How to configure User authorization
Configure the JumpCloud SSO Application
- Access the JumpCloud Administrator Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select Applications in the main navigation panel.
- Select the + in the upper left, scroll or search for the application in the 'Configure New Application' side panel, the select 'configure'.
- Select Upload IdP Private Key and upload the private.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- Select Upload IdP Certificate and upload the cert.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- In the ACS URL field, enter
SUBDOMAINwith your freshservice subdomain)
- In the field terminating the IdP URL, either leave the default value or enter a plaintext string unique to this connector.
- (Optional) In the Display Label field, enter a label that will appear beside the Freshservice logo within the JumpCloud console to guide administrators and users to the connection you have configured
- Select activate
Configure the Service Provider
- Log in to Freshservice as an administrator
- Select on the Admin tab
- Under General Settings, select Helpdesk Security.
- Set the Single Sign On toggle to
- Select the SAML SSO radio button
- In the SAML Login URL field, enter the same IdP URL that you set in the JumpCloud console (if you did not modify the termination of this URL, then enter the default URL:
- (Optional) If you would like users to be sent back to the JumpCloud User Portal when they log out of Freshservice, enter the following in the Logout URL:
- In the Security Certificate Fingerprint field, paste your public certificate's SHA1 fingerprint per the above prerequisites
- Populate the Send notifications to field (near the bottom of the page) with at least one administrator
- Select Save
Validate SSO authentication workflows
- Access the JumpCloud User Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select the Service Provider icon
- This should automatically launch and login to the application
- In your Web browser, navigate to your Freshservice login page (e.g.
- Select SIGN IN
- If necessary, log into the JumpCloud User Portal
- You should be logged into Freshservice