SymptomsMacs setup to login with iCloud credentials are not synchronized when the JumpCloud password is reset
CauseThe JumpCloud agent maintains synchronization with local computer accounts, it does not currently support iCloud accounts.
ResolutionIn order to ensure that the JumpCloud Console is governing the credentials for a system, you must ensure that iCloud is disabled. To remove the account as well verify it's presence, you may do the following:
- Click on the Apple Menu and choose System Preferences...
- In System Preferences, double-click Users & Groups
- In Users & Groups, click the padlock at the bottom-left to allow for configuration changes
- Click the user from the top-left pane, and click Change Password
- At this point you will receive a window; if it notes that ""User" is using an iCloud password to log in and unlock the screen." This confirms that an iCloud account is attached.
- Click Use Separate Password... button
- The user will be required to enter in their iCloud password, along with their JumpCloud password in the New Password field
- Once the fields are filled out, click Use Separate Password