- Generate a public certificate and private key pair.
- In order to successfully complete the integration between JumpCloud and Small Improvements, you must have an administrator account with Small Improvements.
- Before you can configure the JumpCloud SSO application, you must contact the Small Improvements Support Team at
firstname.lastname@example.org request that a subdomain (to be used for SSO) be created for your account. A member of the Support Team will provide you with your new Small Improvements subdomain. Copy this value.
- How to configure User authorization.
- SAML 2.0 Just-In-Time (JIT) user provisioning is not supported by Small Improvements.
Configure the JumpCloud SSO Application
- Access the JumpCloud Administrator Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select Applications in the main navigation panel.
- Select the + in the upper left, scroll or search for the application in the 'Configure New Application' side panel, the select 'configure'.
- You can upload a service provider application's XML metadata file to populate SAML connector attributes for that application. The attributes populated by the metadata file may vary by the application. To apply a metadata file for the application you're connecting, click Upload Metadata. Navigate to the file you want to upload, then click Open. You'll see a confirmation of a successful upload. Be aware that if you upload more than one metadata file, you'll overwrite the attribute values applied in the previously uploaded file.
- In the IDP Entity ID field, enter
- Select Upload IdP Private Key and upload the private.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- Select Upload IdP Certificate and upload the cert.pem file generated according to the above prerequisites.
- In the ACS URL field, enter
https://SUBDOMAIN.small-improvements.com/saml/consume(replace SUBDOMAIN with the subdomain you copied from the Support Team’s email response).
- In the field terminating the IdP URL, either leave the default value or enter a plaintext string unique to this connector.
- (Optional) In the Display Label field, enter a label that will appear under the Service Provider logo within the JumpCloud User console.
- Select Activate.
Configure the Service Provider
- Log into Small Improvements as an administrator.
- Select Administration.
- Select Overview.
- In the Integrations section, select SAML SSO.
- Check the box next to Enable SAML for SSO.
- In the Application Issuer URL field, enter
https://YOURDOMAIN.com(this should be the same value you entered in JumpCloud as the IdP Entity ID and SP Entity ID).
- In the HTTP Endpoint field, enter the same IdP URL that you set in the JumpCloud console (if you did not modify the termination of this URL, then enter the default URL:
- In the x.509 Certificate field, paste the contents of your public certificate.
- (Optional) Check the box next to Enable access via login/password too (we recommend checking this box at least during testing, until you validate that your configuration works properly).
- In the SAML Prompt field, enter
Log in via JumpCloud.
- Select Save.
Validate SSO authentication workflows
- Access the JumpCloud User Console at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Select the Service Provider icon.
- This should automatically launch and login to the application.
- Navigate to your Service Provider application URL.
- You will be redirected to log in to the JumpCloud User Portal.
- The browser will be redirected back to the application and be automatically logged in.